GDE admissions 2023 registration is the process through which parents apply for admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools in the Gauteng province for grade 1 and 8, the Gauteng Department of Education is involved in the whole practice of admitting and approval of learners to Public Ordinary Schools in the Gauteng. The Gauteng Department of Education is the Government Department responsible for matters related to education and the admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools in the province.
The Gauteng Department of Education which is mandated to provide compulsory basic education to all learners in the province progressively. The department is also committed to providing functional and modern schools that enable quality teaching and learning, that protect and promote the right of every learner to quality, equitable and relevant education.
In South Africa, students usually attend their local school but you can apply for your child to attend any school in the country. You can send your child to the school of your choice, provided there is a place available for them.
Where there is a shortage of places, the school must give priority based on their admissions policy and Annual Admission Notice. In Gauteng province, The GDE admissions 2023 registration for admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools (grade 1 and 8) are done online through the GDE admission portal.
The GDE Online Application for admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools is usually categorized into two phases.
- Phase 1: Applications to Grade 8 Caters for current Grade 7 learners in public schools in Gauteng to apply to Grade 8. During this phase Only Parents with learners that are currently in Grade 7 in a public school in Gauteng should apply to Grade 8
- Phase 2: Applications to Grade 1 and 8 Caters for ALL learners applying for Grade 1 and Grade 7 learners outside the public schooling system in Gauteng and from other Provinces Phase 2 is scheduled to open on 13 September 2021 and close on 8 October 2021
GDE admissions 2023 important notices
For all parents who are applying for GDE admission Phase One and two for 2023 academic year for their children should check the following important notices below.
- Parents should Apply to a maximum of 5 schools. They are advised to Remember the use of the Home option at least once to apply to schools with Feeder Zones that cover their home addresses.
- Remember to submit documents to All the schools that you applied to in 7 days after applying. Documents can also be uploaded on the System to ONE school for the other schools to view.
- There are Decentralized Walk-in Centres where parents can be assisted to make applications from 08:00 to 16:00.
- Note that you can also use your cellphone to make an application. Please use a reliable cell phone number as the Department will send regular SMSes to the cell phone you used to Register and Apply.
GDE admissions 2023 registration
To apply and register for GDE grade 1 and 8 admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools, parents should visit the GDE admissions online portal and apply for the current academic year.
For GDE grade 8 admission ,You should Firstly, contact the primary school where your child is currently in Grade 7 and provide the school with accurate personal details for yourself and your child. check your cell phone for an SMS with a link (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) to access the Gauteng Department of Education’s Admissions Online System, and complete a 5-step application to Grade 8
To apply now please visit the GDE admissions 2023 login portal for more details on how to apply www.gdeadmissions.gov.za